Confessions: Motherhood lately

November 2, 2015



Motherhood lately has been a bid of a drag. The kids are very independent and that's good, right? But it has left me a little lost and with way too much time on my hands. So, what have I've been trying to do? Keep my sanity, honestly, while exercising and digging deeper into health & wellness, my interests, and revisiting activities that had brought me joy in the past.

I used to love to sew and create things with my hands. It used to bring me joy. Unfortunately, comparison is robbing me of it. I'm playing with the idea of starting a quilt. Maybe, that will spark my creativity in ways photograpy (my first obsession) hasn't. But what I really want to do is get my hands on a fixer-upper and reno it from top to bottom. Now, that would take two almost impossible events to occur. First, finding a pot of gold. Second, for The Husband to figure out what he wants to do when he grows up retires from the military. He still hasn't figured it out, yet. He seems unsettled, which is understandable. Twenty years of knowing what to expect can make civilian life seem uncertain. However, I just want to settle, nest and create memories with these beauties before they decide to fly off on their own.

Maybe, I'm suffering from full empty-nest syndrome? This article explains it well. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |